DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE
If you have been charged with domestic violence you have a serious problem. Domestic violence can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. Domestic violence consists of:
- Causing or attempting to cause physical or mental harm to a family or household member.
- Placing a family or household member in fear of physical or mental harm.
- Causing or attempting to cause a family or household member to engage in involuntary sexual activity by force, threat of force, or duress.
- Engaging in activity toward a family or household member that would cause a reasonable person to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed, or molested.
Family membership is broadly defined. Family members, under the statute, are:
- Present or past spouses;
- Parents of the same child;
- Children, stepparents and stepchildren;
- Foster parents and foster children, or;
- Other persons living or formerly living in the same household. Additionally, a prosecutor may seek charges under Michigans stalking laws.
Felony charges apply to repeat offenders
Punishment can include:
- Jail time;
- Anger management classes;
- Community service;
- Restitution to the victim(s); and
- Restraining or protective orders.
Sometimes domestic violence is inter-related with divorce. I can help with your divorce as well if necessary.
I Can Help You Make An Informed Decision
What separates a professional from a lay person? Knowledge and experience. I am an experienced criminal lawyer and have handled many domestic violence cases. I know that police and prosecutors routinely overcharge crimes. I know when the charges can be challenged, when the evidence can be challenged, and when a case should be tried. I know which prosecutors are lazy and which will try a case. I know which judges hand down harsh sentences and which judges are more lenient. On the other hand I also know when you will lose and how to work out the best possible plea agreement for you. Don’t try to represent yourself – you don’t have the depth of knowledge or experience that I do. You WILL compound your current problems. Call me. I am your best hope in a harsh and unforgiving legal system.
Please call for a free consultation with a top domestic violence attorney at (248) 432-1612.
I have been successfully representing clients with domestic violence charges in the Detroit area for over 30 years. I fully understand the complexities of Michigan’s legal system. The practice of law is an inter-related discipline. True specialization is a myth except for very narrow areas of the law. I practice in multiple areas of the law and understand how one area of practice affects other areas. My fees are reasonable and I take all major credit cards. Contact me for more information on how to obtain the services of an experienced domestic violence lawyer.